Family Immigration

Family Immigration

Let an experienced immigration attorney help you keep your family together through fiancé or family petitions. Our multicultural team can help reunite your loved ones in the United States

Your U.S. status determines which relatives you may petition so they can be eligible to receive immigration benefits. To petition for a relative, you must be a:

  • U.S. citizen – U.S. citizens may petition for their spouse, children (including stepchildren – if requirements are met), parents, siblings, fiancé, and the fiancé’s children
  • Green card holder (permanent resident) – U.S. permanent residents can petition for their spouse and children, including step children, if requirements are met.
  • Refugee admitted as a refugee within the past two years or asylee granted asylum within the past two years – Refugees and asylees may petition for their spouse and children.
  • Members of the military and their families have different benefits. If you are a member of a military family please call for a consultation to find out about your benefits.

Fiancé Visas

Under United States Immigration Laws, a U.S. Citizen can bring a foreign citizen into the country to marry. Our office can help you with this process by filing a Petition for Alien Fiancé on your behalf.

Our experienced immigration attorney will explain the different requirements that you will need to meet in order to get your loved one here. You will have to provide documented communication between you and your fiancé(e), evidence that you have met your fiancé(e) in person at least once within two years of filing the petition, and, evidence that you both are free to marry and intend to marry within 90 days. Our team will help you gather the best possible evidence and guide you through every step of the process.

Immediate Relatives

U.S. citizens and green card holders may petition for immigrant visas on behalf of their spouses; children who under the age of 21 and unmarried; and parents. Visas are always available for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens. This means that the closer the family connection, the more priority the petition of that family member will receive.

Our experienced immigration attorney will evaluate your situation and help you bring your immediate relative in the least amount of time possible. Our team will guide you through the two steps process by first filing the necessary documentation to establish the family relationship between you and your relative and second, obtaining a green card for your relative (adjustment of status). Learn more about the process to obtain a green card.

Other Family Members

The following relatives are not considered immediate relatives for immigration law purposes:

  • Unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
  • Spouses of Green Card holders, unmarried children of permanent residents
  • Unmarried adult sons and daughters of permanent residents, Married sons and daughters (any age) of U.S. citizens
  • Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens

The visas allotted for these categories are subject to annual numerical limits. A visa becomes available to a preference category based on the priority date. Our experienced immigration attorney will help you understand in which preference category your family member fit and will be able to give you an estimate of the wait time before your relative priority date will become current.

Representation You Can Count On

Request A Consultation